Frankly, it's worse Caleb. The "rural broadband" allocation of 3.65 GHz is
most definitively NOT WISP spectrum, but rather is spectrum WISPs can use
for a specific use. That in itself is rare, as the FCC pretends it prefers
"flexible use" rules that allow the market to decide best use. In this
specific case, the FCC determined the public interest was best served by
setting this spectrum aside for the specific purpose of rural broadband.
True (and I know it to be true because I was there), their expectation was
that WISPs would be the ones to deploy most likely, but absolutely nothing
prevents, say, Verizon from rolling out a national 3.65 deployment should
it want to do so.

--
Patrick Leary
Director BD, North America, Telrad