Yes, it seemed like a database corruption issue to me as well.  I had one
customer get the redirect and I went in and looked and he was on a
completely wrong IP (in a subnet that I happened to be working on earlier
that day and the evening before).  He hadn't even logged into the customer
portal.  The logs didn't show any IP change, but clearly his IP was changed
in the database, as he was working fine on the same IP for months and
months.  That issue and the incorrect assignments when a customer enters a
new MAC seemed related to me.