It's not database corruption, but it is a known bug (IP changing when MAC is edited in customer portal) and it's fixed in 10.03.32. The patch will be out this week.

On 03/08/2015 10:34 PM, Jeremy wrote:
Yes, it seemed like a database corruption issue to me as well. I had one customer get the redirect and I went in and looked and he was on a completely wrong IP (in a subnet that I happened to be working on earlier that day and the evening before). He hadn't even logged into the customer portal. The logs didn't show any IP change, but clearly his IP was changed in the database, as he was working fine on the same IP for months and months. That issue and the incorrect assignments when a customer enters a new MAC seemed related to me.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 9:26 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller <par...@cyberbroadband.net <mailto:par...@cyberbroadband.net>> wrote:

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Jay Fuller - Cyber Broadband Inc
    *To:* Powercode
    *Cc:* Cyber Broadband Inc.
    *Sent:* Monday, February 02, 2015 7:34 PM
    *Subject:* Re: Ticket Updated [Ticket Number:5841] - weird ip
    changes during customer portal equipment edits

    Gentlemen:

    It has happened again.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx, customer 1478, requested a public routable IP
    address which is
    in a different address class from what he was assigned at
    installation.
    Upon changing the address, he was assigned 104.152.40.91, which is an
    available address in the "Cullman Public" address range.  However,
    when
    looking at the ARP response (because the customer is bridged to
    our main
    router),  I saw another network device already had that IP address.

    So, I searched for that MAC address, which was 78:24:AF:7B:49:38 ,
    using
    equipment search, which came back to customer
    514, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, who had logged into the customer
    portal on January 29 to
    install a new router.  Upon changing his MAC address, powercode
    assigned him
    104.153.191.25, which is not even in any of our network address
    ranges.

    It belongs to:

     Source: whois.arin.net <http://whois.arin.net>
    IP Address:  104.153.191.25
    Name:  IMDC-KC-LOOPBACKS
    Handle:  NET-104-153-191-0-1
    Registration Date:  2/2/15
    Range:  104.153.191.0-104.153.191.31
    Org:  Iron Mountain Data Center
    Org Handle:  IMIML
    Address:  One Federal Street
    City:  Boston
    State/Province:  MA
    Postal Code:  02111
    Country:  UNITED STATES

    This is very similar to our new public IP range which is
    104.152.40.0/22 <http://104.152.40.0/22>

    Incidently, it appears this customer was assigned 104.152.40.91
    before he
    attempted to edit his equipment and was changed to
    104.153.191.25.  Also of
    note, it appears this only affected the GUI/web interface of
    powercode, and
    the router/bmu continued to assign him 104.152.40.91.

    I will now have to reassign  xxxxxxxxx a new IP address since the
    web/gui
    gave his IP address to someone else.
    I hope this information helps you to figure out what is happening.

    I am still concerned we have some kind of database issue.  Weird
    things like
    this seem to be happening a lot.

    Thanks.