This was on the channel #observium in open public chat (not private). Its
pruned to take out some joins/parts useless info etc. I simply asked about
support for Cambium and now we know exactly what he thinks of "wifi people".
This guy is a true professional. Funny they think Mikrotik is "ghetto". Sure he
makes some valid points about the lack of unity in our MIBS. I liked his
product for our infrastructure, switches, routers etc. But I think I can get by
without his product from now on. This is the luxury of having many independent
monitoring systems. It lacks any real alerting system or agents for servers
anyway. I literally started off with that sentence. He added some cambium
support a few months ago so I wanted to know if more was coming.

[09:34] <Smeghead> any chance of adding more cambium stuff soon? :)
[09:34] <adama> are they another bunch of fucktards who make a new set of mibs
for every product?
[09:35] <adama> everyone involved in wireless seems to be literally retarded
when it comes to writing mibs
[09:37] <adama> yup, they are
[09:38] <Smeghead> Yeah so I guess we shouldn't support it then and all the
millions of units out there.
[09:38] <adama> different set of mibs for every fuckign product
[09:38] <adama> jesus
[09:38] <Smeghead> They unified one of their mibs with the regular AP's
[09:38] <adama> can you english?
[09:39] <Smeghead> The interface stuff is the same for all of them
[09:39] <Smeghead> its your standard interface mibs. Other than that really
there is MAYBE 10 unique things per different product
[09:40] <adama> fucking wifi people
[09:40] <adama> you guys have 12903819023810 products from 129381 vendors
[09:40] <Smeghead> If you want to be thorough with them you could pull all
sorts of stuff out.
[09:40] <adama> and you're always whining that we should support the stuff you
want
[09:40] <adama> well fuck you all
[09:40] <Smeghead> Yeah thats my fault as a consumer of those products.
[09:41] <Smeghead> All I want to do is monitor the best.. Cambium is the
biggest and most widely used next to Ubiquiti.. so I'd stick to supporting
those 2 fully
[09:41] <adama> meh
[09:41] <adama> get them to send us hardware
[09:41] <adama> and maybe we'll give a shit
[09:43] <Smeghead> I'll see if we can send you cambium for sure. I could even
arrange you a login or set you up a vm on the network so you can probe some
equipment we have plugged in in a separate environment for you.
[09:43] <Smeghead> I'm pretty sure I offered a few times.
[09:49] <Smeghead> to be honest though - I don't think observium is really
hugely needed for AP's and subcribers. Maybe starting with just the wireless
bridges first would be the best start. That isn't so overwhelming
[09:57] <adama> you might as well go and hassle jaguar engineers about how they
really should build a pickup truck
[09:57] <adama> i'm a telco/isp network person, i don't give 2 shits about
wireless
[09:57] <Smeghead> Who do you think delivers internet to the massive areas
between the major cities?
[09:58] <adama> i dunno, are we talking about retarded countries or not?
[09:58] <Smeghead> Yeah all of the Western hemisphere..
[09:59] <adama> lol
[09:59] <adama> XD
[10:01] <adama> my patience for people asking for wireless stuff ran out long
ago
[10:01] <Smeghead> Well if you want more excuses to neglect a high percentage
of industry in the world that delivers internet.. yeah take this one. Its
probably too hard and too much work for you. Because the wireless industry is
retarded.
[10:01] <adama> i know it is
[10:02] <Smeghead> Yet I can make some cacti graphs in a few mins for anything.
Cacti is old and busted. Your product is new and refreshing. That is why the
industry is bugging you.
[10:04] <adama> go and make some cacti graphs then
[10:04] <adama> i'm really fucking sick of this shit
[10:04] <adama> it doesn't take 5 minutes to add support for things
[10:04] <adama> especially no nfucking wireless stuff
[10:04] <adama> so just fuck off
[10:04] <adama> it's not going to happen
[10:04] <adama> and every one who asks makes it less likely to happen
[ 10:06] <Smeghead> But I'll bet if you asked for help you'd get it. Look I was
willing to set you up a network with all the devices you need
[10:06] <adama> excuse me whilst i replace these 32*10G bundles with some
wireless
[10:06] <adama> HURR
[10:06] <adama> no
[10:06] <adama> i'd get a pile of useless shitty code
[10:06] <adama> that's the only thing we've ever gotten from the "community"
[10:09] <aden> adama: make Observium -3rd world edition, that only supports
mikrotik and ghetto wireless hardware
[10:09] <adama> hah
[10:10] <Smeghead> Mainly because its (Mikrotik) like 10% of the price and does
the same job and even better in many cases.
[10:11] <adama> no, they use it because it "just about works" and costs 10% of
the price
[10:11] <Smeghead> Dragonwave aint ghetto nor some of these other backhaul
manufacturers.
[10:12] <Smeghead> and your proof is from what experience?
[10:12] <Smeghead> Sounds like a case of "they suck over there" and "I know all
about them, I've never worked in the industry or actually been a part of any of
it but I know what I'm talking about".
[10:13] <Smeghead> Those crazy brown people and their silly ways. They are
inferior to us.
[10:13] <adama> man, this is exactly the kind of shit that made us go
commercial in the first place
[10:14] <adama> dude
[10:14] <adama> just fuck off
[10:14] <adama> you're getting really tiring now
[10:14] <Smeghead> It takes 10x more effort to deliver internet to remote
people.. not to mention flexibility and creativity.
[10:14] <Smeghead> Than some pompous pricks sitting in their offices
[10:15] <adama> so what was that, remove any existing wireless support and hope
everyone else fucks off too?
[10:16] <adama> ok then!
[10:16] <Smeghead> Hahh what wireless support?
[10:16] * ChanServ sets mode: +o adama
[10:16] * You were kicked by adama (Smeghead)
Session Close: Tue Mar 31 10:16:22 2015