When your sectors are too big, you have to slice them up somehow. The other option is using the "allegedly" 45° sectors from UBNT (but are actually 30° sectors.). I say allegedly and actually because I am still in the 3db school.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 4/13/2015 7:53 PM, Jeremy wrote:
Around here our competitor puts their 450s on 40 degree MTI sectors. I think it is an OOBE issue since they are not technically approved for that antenna but who am I to argue with "North America's largest fixed wireless provider"....

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:55 PM, TJ Trout <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    try 240 superflex

    On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Yeah, LMR240 or equivalent, and no longer than necessary. LMR400 is overkill, the extra length because it doesn't bend
        will counter the lower loss.  And LMR195 is probably too small
        and high loss.

        Why do people not like to use the Cambium sectors with the
        brackets for the AP?  Needing different beamwidth?  Or trying
        to save a few bucks?  Look carefully at specs when choosing
        sectors, esp. F/B ratio and null fill.


        -----Original Message----- From: Gilbert Gutierrez
        Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 5:58 PM
        To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
        Subject: Re: [AFMUG] PMP450 Cabling


        I am not using OEM sectors. I will try LMR-240.

        Gilbert

        On 4/13/2015 3:42 PM, George Skorup (Cyber Broadcasting) wrote:

            Mounted on Cambium's (Laird OEM) antennas? They sell
            LMR-240 jumpers that are the correct length (16").

            On 4/13/2015 5:14 PM, Gilbert Gutierrez wrote:

                I usually use LMR400 for the short run between my
                radio and sector. What do others use for cabling
                between the radio and the sector? Maybe LMR195. The
                jumpers I use are 1M in length and I was thinking
                something a bit lighter and flexible would work better.

                Gilbert










Reply via email to