Several times, and when you're on a tower, it's a major bummer. Break out the hacksaw or use brute strength to just break it off.

Galvy nuts are cheap and they don't seize. I've also used silicon bronze (which is what comes standard on LMG Cyclones). Much much better.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 6/19/2015 3:05 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Have you actually experienced the SS nuts seizing? Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I have not had trouble with that even after years. I guess I should be putting anti-seize compound on them, but it’s so messy. Metric silicon bronze nuts look to be expensive, like in the $1 each range, to swap them out yourself. Which of the many nuts would you want to be silicon bronze? Just the 4 that hold it to the pipe? Or also all the ones involved in the elevation adjustment?
*From:* George Skorup <mailto:geo...@cbcast.com>
*Sent:* Friday, June 19, 2015 4:42 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Gtek Communications deploys PMP 450
I've pulled two up the tower by hand at once and the tower guys didn't complain, so they can't be that heavy.

What I really wish Cambium would do, or talk Laird into doing, is replacing the nuts with silicon-bronze like LMG uses on their stuff. Or just go to galvanized. The stainless on stainless sucks. They're $500 antennas and I shouldn't have to go buy extra shit for them.