That seems pretty good.

Is this stuff a shared Gigabit? Per head?

How much is that per customer side and per ‘customer’ on the head end side?

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Hogg
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:22 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Indoor GPON - Why?

Well, we're importing direct from China currently.  It's cheap.  For example,
we bought a demo kit, OLT, 16 of each ONT, Power Supplies, etc...<$5k.  Each
port is 1:64 capable, and has 8 ports.  Essentially we'll probably only do
1:32.  Gives us around 200 subs per unit.  I think that breaks it down to less
than $15.  ONTs are <$60.

The engineering design of PON makes construction cheap.  We are using a 12 ct
drop ($.19/ft) to serve 100 units.  Essentially, we'll do a 1x8 PLC with 4
feeders.  The 4 feeders repeat this design.  Essentially, you can serve 160
units that way.  I can reuse the infrastructure over and over and over easily.

PLC's are super duper cheap.  I pay less than $25 landed cost to me from China,
regardless of 1x2-1x32.

My biggest cost is construction and machine maintenance.

Regards,
Chuck

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Roger Timmerman