Several of the rural towns in my planned coverage area are looking into
municipal fiber (average density about 10 premises per fiber mile, all
above ground). They're claiming $50 for 25 Mbps service, $79 for 100 Mbps,
and $109 for 1 Gbps. They already have funding authorized in about half of
the towns they are targeting... but they'd be about 3 years from providing
any service.

Is it reasonable or possible to compete with such a thing? Should I ignore
any area that plans to fund this, or might it be worth getting a foothold
before their system is lit?

Thanks - Chris