Where is the funding coming from?
I would not be comfortable building in an area where I am sure to get over
built.

From: Christopher Gray
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 11:56 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Plan to Compete with Municipal Fiber?

Several of the rural towns in my planned coverage area are looking into
municipal fiber (average density about 10 premises per fiber mile, all above
ground). They're claiming $50 for 25 Mbps service, $79 for 100 Mbps, and $109
for 1 Gbps. They already have funding authorized in about half of the towns
they are targeting... but they'd be about 3 years from providing any service.

Is it reasonable or possible to compete with such a thing? Should I ignore any
area that plans to fund this, or might it be worth getting a foothold before
their system is lit?

Thanks - Chris