From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Christopher Gray
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2015 3:10 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Plan to Compete with Municipal Fiber?

About $40M is grant funding from the state for "last mile" services that is
only available to municipalities. The balance of the funding is coming from
town borrowing. My town will receive about $1.2M from the grant and will
vote in September whether to authorize $2.3M of borrowing that would be paid
with property tax.

I'm 95% sure this will go through, and the network would be lit in about 3
years, but I can't get their numbers to work out. I cannot see how they can
actually provide service and maintain their network and offer a base service
of only $50 / month. If that jumps to $100, I could see remaining
competitive, though.