Never had a problem with SRTM.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:18 PM To: af@afmug.com Subject: [AFMUG] NED vs SRTM If there's a 5 meter discrepancy between USGS National Elevation Data and the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission, who would you trust? Would you bet $500 on it?

In this case, with NED I'll have LOS on a backhaul, and with SRTM I'm in the woods. I'm under the impression that SRTM sometimes gets you treetops rather than the ground. If I'm wrong I have alternate paths, but I'd have to pay for a new PCN....so it really is a $500 bet. :)