Yes, the RSD is isolated in such a way that you can ground the + side of the input (from the -48 rectifier) and also ground the - side of the output.. nothing bad will happen. The SD series, yeah, don't do that. I think it was Erich that said he had to disconnect the SD frame ground because he saw a bunch of current being dumped.

On 8/19/2015 7:28 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Personally, I ground one side of every power supply. In this case, you would be fine grounding the – OUT of the RSD. Most DC-DC converters have floating outputs. I have used a Traco TCL 060-124 DC to do what you want. If you are going from 24 to 48, there are fewer choices.
*From:* Jason McKemie <mailto:j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:11 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Mixing +48v and -48v
I'll probably just float the ground.

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015, Josh Baird <joshba...@gmail.com <mailto:joshba...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    They are hard to find.  Where will you ground the MT in this type
    of scenario (with an RSD in between your -48V rectifier and MT)?
    Josh
    On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Jason McKemie
    <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com');>
    wrote:

        It actually looks like the RSD-100C-24 should do the trick
        (I'm dropping to 24v, so I guess my subject line wasn't
        exactly correct).  My normal source is out of those, according
        to their website they have some RSD-200C-48 units though.
        On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM, George Skorup