Oh, I missed the non-payment stuff. Yeah, efff off.

http://www.ics-il.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "That One Guy /sarcasm" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 3:05:52 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Ridiculous SLA request

(hypotheticals in case on top of the following in case we had to sign an NDA
before giving them service)

so if we were looking at doing a connection in an area to a customer who
currently is suffering DSL woes. And say we put up an AP for them so we could
confirm the ability to connect them, its on the far end of our network,
traversing some small backhauls because of the few customers, and say we would
have to upgrade a minimum of two backhauls to deliver a WISP reliable service/

And if we quoted them something like 350 a month for the connection, just
recouping the buildout on this would take some time as it wasnt really an area
of the network we forecast any growth on.

Remember we are a sub 1k subscriber network, with in the scheme of ISP
offerings cover a small footprint.

So they were to come back with a change to the contract (note this was not an
SLA, its a DIA, which to us is the same as an SLA to some degree, without the
strict requirements or guarantees)

First, maintaining the 350 dollar a month cost
Change the Terms to SLA
Syncronous connectivity (whatever this means in their heads), apparently we
might need to run fiber to every end point on the planet to ensure this)
99.5% uptime and full capacity bandwidth guarantee
24/7/365 tech support
one hour maximumum call back time
4 hour on site guarantee 24/7/365
4 hour resolution guarantee or they can terminate the contract on the spot
remove invoice payment terms, no disconnection for non payment

If our access site goes down we are required to seek a replacement site(not
sure what the expectation here is) --