Forrest, NEVER MIND.

I did a sample store with shopify and bigcommerce.

Bigcommerce is much more suited to my products.  Much easier to add custom
categories and product specs etc etc.    Harder to add “Antenna Gain” or “F/B
Ratio” custom fields to shopify.  Or it seemed harder.  Bigcommerce made it
very easy to figure out how to do this.  More knobs to tweak.

I liked the theme Forrest uses, but I am going with a different one just to be
different...

Now to learn the intricacies of importing my current website via CSV files....

If I was a one product or  simple product store, shopify is probably the better
choice.