I think this is a bit backwards myself. Credit card auto pay has a higher
percentage chance of being on time than checks. We encourage our customers
to charge a check processing fee or at least give a discount to auto
payers. I know we spent a lot more time tracking down checks and had very
few come in on time than the small fee you pay for credit cards. How much
does it cost you in labor to track down deadbeat check payers? For us, the
convenience was worth more than the charge.