I've had very bad luck with Belkin, D-Link, Asus (the worst), linksys, and low
end netgear. I've had great success with the higher end netgear and the 3rd
through 5th gen Apple AirPort Extreme. Prior to the 3rd gen and the 6th gen
(latest) airports are junk. So I'm with you, pretty much every consumer grade
router is trash now.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield