I agree with Mikrotik as long as the ISP owns and manages it. If you're *selling* it to the customer I think you need something simpler because most people can't be trusted not to do something awful like put a hotspot service on the WAN interface.

On 10/7/2015 12:36 PM, Paul McCall wrote:

Really hard to beat a Mikrotik, unless you need/want 5 Ghz, which they really don’t have a complete consumer product for.

Putting Tik’s in everywhere was the best thing we ever did to improve customer performance, satisfaction, and we can troubleshoot almost anything with them in the house.

Paul

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Brett A Mansfield
*Sent:* Wednesday, October 07, 2015 12:31 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Consumer routers?

I've had very bad luck with Belkin, D-Link, Asus (the worst), linksys, and low end netgear. I've had great success with the higher end netgear and the 3rd through 5th gen Apple AirPort Extreme. Prior to the 3rd gen and the 6th gen (latest) airports are junk. So I'm with you, pretty much every consumer grade router is trash now.

Thank you,

Brett A Mansfield