Yes... realistically, the same standards wouldn't work here. If we had the
same requirements to be able to drive, half the population wouldn't have
any way to get to work (or wherever it is they need to go) everyday.
Thousands of lives would be saved every year from the reduction in traffic
deaths, but I'm pretty sure there would be very, very little support from
anyone for changing our driving standards to something similar to what
Germany has.