One sub at 2 miles, can actually see tower lights through trees since leaves are off, but signal is still -75, there is a grain elevator nearby and I think there is some nasty multipath going on, his signal is actually about 10 dB better in the summer.

Another sub is at 7 miles, there is a creek with trees about halfway, and a farmhouse with trees up the road. Signal is also around -75.

I have a rooftop subdivision repeater using an old Trango 900 integrated AP, signals are mostly around -45. It needs a big boost in throughput and this would probably work. I'm not sure I can put a 3 ft tall sector on this rooftop though. I was also skeptical about the yagi, since the existing CPE is a very discreet panel, but I am liking the job Cambium did on the SM and yagi a lot more than I thought I would. It still may be a hard sell on the side of someone's house where the tan colored panel was almost invisible. Up on the roof, it looks fine, especially compared to the 17 dBi black yagis and big grids we were using.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:29 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 900 MHz 450i report

What were the signals and distance?

Ken Hohhof wrote:
We swapped out an FSK AP in a high interference area today. No magic, works about the same.

Too bad, even the installer liked the SM and antenna. Even the coax boots are nice.

Will probably work well for those of you who don't have -65 noise floors.

We are going to have to give up on 900 MHz at this location. This was the last gasp.