From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Muehleisen
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:17 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 900 MHz 450i report

Interesting. The majority of our 900 subs are located in prime smart meter
territory. I've worked with several of the power companies across western
Kansas and they all run a version of Landis Gyr meters with is FHSS 900 ISM
(see pic here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1578608/Public/smart_meter.jpeg)

They transmit infrequently in short bursts...very little data. The only time we
see interference is when they mass update software. After some discussion, we
convinced them to run updates during our non-peak times. So far we've been able
to co-exist peacefully. YMMV.