First of all, a "takedown" is for hosting, not access.

Second, you can ask for money from the sender, but you won't get it. Perhaps if it escalates into a subpoena or court order for the customer's identity, you could charge for your time. Otherwise, you'll be like that guy with the Raspberry Pi tweeting every time his Comcast service is slow, it's like the old saying about peeing yourself in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices.

As far as charging the customer, does it really take that much time to forward the notice? Maybe suspend service after the Nth time and charge to turn it back on, just make sure you eventually refuse to turn them back on, or you could lose safe harbor protection like happened to Cox.

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Reynolds
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2016 11:56 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] DMCA Time Management Fee

You should be sending that fee to the organization requesting the DCMA
takedown. Your time is not free, nor has the customer been afforded
due process for the allegation(s).

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Jeremy <jeremysmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
What do you thing about charging a fee every time that a customer gets a
DMCA takedown notice.  These notices take time to track down and follow up
on.  If we charged $20 every time it would make it not really worth it to
pirate that $10 movie. I would think that it should be legal, so long as we
add it to our customer agreement.  Anyone ever thought about this?  Right
now we pass on 5 of them and then make them find a new provider.  It seems
like they would be less likely to hit 5 if they had to pay $20 for each one.
We really don't want these guys on our network anyway, so no sweat if they
just cancel.  Is anyone out there charging customers a fee for these?  I
know most of you just ignore them, but we like passing them on, as it lowers our overall usage.