Dude, there's interference everywhere in the 900 band. Cordless phones,
baby monitors, security systems, smart meters, SCADA.. and the list goes on.
On 3/24/2016 11:23 AM, Rory Conaway wrote:
Are you talking about interference on the same tower or with other
towers or devices. I don’t think I’ll have interference issues from
other sources.
Rory
*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *George Skorup
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:29 PM
*To:* [email protected]
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450i
If you do 6 sectors, you're using the entire band and have nowhere to
go when one or two sectors is experiencing interference. Or you have
to drop down to 5MHz channel bandwidth which sucks. This is why we do
4x90 clusters. Two channels with wiggle room. Of course that's FSK's
8MHz channel width. I think a lot of people have found that 7MHz on
the 450i works best.
On 3/24/2016 12:11 AM, Rory Conaway wrote:
No, I’m not complaining, I’ll use them. I’ll figure out how to
hide them. Still trying to figure out the deployment strategy on
a typical tower. I have some learnin’ to do.
Rory
*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Mathew Howard
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:08 PM
*To:* af
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450i
Well, if you want small... there's these, I'm not sure I'd want to
try doing channel re-use with them though.
http://itelite.net/en/Katalog/900-MHz//SEC-XL0911DP.html
<http://itelite.net/en/Katalog/900-MHz/SEC-XL0911DP.html>
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Eric Kuhnke
<[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Any 900 sector is going to be huge....
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Rory Conaway
<[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I’m specifically interested in the 900Mhz, I thought that was the
450i, I didn’t know it covered 5.8GHz also. I also need maximum
bandwidth off the tower although I don’t know tower or other
mounting locations yet to determine if I need 360 degrees. I
actually have more problems with aesthetics and those antennas are
going to be an issue due to the size. Right now I’m interested in
throughput per antenna and what kind of throughput to expect with GPS.
Rory
*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>] *On Behalf Of *Brandon Yuchasz
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:02 PM
*To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450i
If you guys are talking about the 900mhz 450i 65 degree. Straight
from the horse’s mouth is the 65 and the 90 are the same antenna.
Just more role off to achieve the 90. I have tested it outside of
the 65 degree but within the 90. I was not happy with the results.
One customer had to be put back onto FSK yesterday until we can
get another AP up or a true 90 degree. Just would not modulate up
and finally dropped off completely.
Best regards,
Brandon Yuchasz
GogebicRange.net
www.gogebicrange.net <http://www.gogebicrange.net>
*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Josh Luthman
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:10 PM
*To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450i
There's an OEM 90*...
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340 <tel:937-552-2340>
Direct: 937-552-2343 <tel:937-552-2343>
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373
On Mar 23, 2016 11:06 PM, "Rory Conaway" <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I looked at the 450i and noticed the sector antenna is 65 degrees.
Does that mean a typical tower installation uses 6 antennas? In
that scenario, I’m assuming 10MHz channels if there is no
interference. In that scenario, what is the available bandwidth
per AP assuming most users get pretty good signal. Or is there a
better way to deploy the product?
*Rory Conaway • Triad Wireless • CEO*
*4226 S. 37^th Street • Phoenix • AZ 85040*
*602-426-0542 <tel:602-426-0542>*
*[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>*
*www.triadwireless.net <http://www.triadwireless.net>*
**
“I wish I could play little league now. I’d be way better than
before.”