Axis A1001 is ~$500 and PoE powered. Each unit will handle 2 doors BUT
additional A1001s link up so there's unified config/provisioning/management.
By PoE powered I mean the controller runs off PoE, powers the strike, and
the reader. No separate power system needed.
The Web UI is fast, unlike the lag on HID EdgeSolo.

The cool thing is that, in addition to traditional Weigand, these work with
the new reader standard so the reader-controller link is encrypted and you
can do mutual authentication with RF smartcards (should you care about
that).

We're using these after getting annoyed with HID VertX (and associated
Windows-based controller) and HID EdgeSolo (not sufficiently flexible).