I've never used a Procera, but based on my understanding of what it does,
virtualization performance would also depend greatly on what type of
virtualization. Something like xen PV would be considerably faster than xen
HVM:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Understanding_the_Virtualization_Spectrum

Look into PCI passthrough for a set of 10GbE Intel NICs:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_PCI_Passthrough