Oh, gotcha. It's an annual subscription for the software licensing, which is normally a one time purchase if you buy an appliance. The subscription is 1/3rd of the cost of the appliance perpetual license. Assuming you have compatible hardware to install it on, that appears to be the only cost for it. I didn't get a real quote, just asked them what the model looked like. I can get something specific for anyone that's interested.

To give a basis for comparison, a 7810 (which can handle up to 5GB of traffic) is in the ballpark of 10K just for the chassis, and about another 10K in software licensing if you're licensing it for 1Gbps. The part I'm not 100% yet on right now is that the software costs are normally a percentage of the chassis cost, so I'm waiting to see how it's calculated for a VM.