You can easily do direct DC using a POE breakout plug.  I have little plugs
that plug into an ethernet port and give you + and - DC lugs

I just deployed one of these to a site feeding an Edgepoint 16 via fiber up
the tower.  Worked out incredibly well as I could power the mikrotik
directly off the load port on the charger along with sending DC up the
tower.

Seems to be working great so far