I think the core issue is not one system better than another, but a clear evaluation of of related activities.
i.e. Full features of build vs buy (Billing / CDR, Rating, Provisioning, LCR and Account abuse management, last one being very important) How much internal resources does one have available ? Access to these resources as outsource / external basis ? A properly configured inhouse system can offer a great amount of flexibility... but does come at the cost of having some (a fair) amount of internal or outsource tech expertise being available. Going with an canned system, may offer an initial perception of having low or no internal need for such resources, but one needs to verify if that would be the case for them, and also to what degree they give up flexibility if any. :) Faisal Imtiaz Snappy Internet & Telecom 7266 SW 48 Street Miami, FL 33155 Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232 Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: [email protected] > From: "Lewis Bergman" <[email protected]> > To: "Animal Farm" <[email protected]> > Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:50:56 AM > Subject: [AFMUG] VOIP PBX - Hosted > I am considering getting back into this business in 6 more months and am > wondering what all are using. I still really like IPiFony but I don't think I > need that much hand holding now. Have been looking at FreePBX and a few > others. > Since this group is full of opinions, lets have some. I know many use > Netsapiens and I even respect some of them ;)
