On 8/15/16 12:16, Adam Moffett wrote:
I was planning to add a Generac to a site and connect the transfer
switch to a subpanel rather than the main panel.  The "utility" input to
the transfer switch would come from a 50-amp breaker in the main service
panel.

I was thinking I would remove the ground-neutral bond in the transfer
switch and the subpanel, and that's fine as long as we're on utility
power.  It occurred to me today that when the transfer switch triggers
and we switch to generator power that we'll lose the ground-neutral
bonding in the main panel....and there would no longer be any
ground-neutral bond anywhere until it switches back.

I could easily add a 4ga ground-neutral jumper inside the generator, but
I'm wondering if that's Kosher.

I have an electrician I can ask, but I was hoping somebody here happens
to know whether that's ok.

The easy answer is don't switch the neutral.

There should only be a single ground-neutral bond: at the main/service entrance.

~Seth