I think the answer to that is a big YES.   Your wire, you control it.
Not so for old telco wire.  When Ma Bell was de-regulated, the existing
building wiring became property of the building owner.

From: Paul McCall
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:53 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ownership of wire / fiber in a building

Let me back this train up a little bit.  My primary concern question is…. If I
run Fiber throughout a building (or copper), can building owner and I have a
contract where only I can use the very wire/fiber that I installed?  I would
the answer at that basic level would be a yes, but am not positive.

Not even thinking about exclusive rights to market a service to the building.

Just want to see if I can “own” the wire/fiber that I put in the building.