From: "CBB - Jay Fuller" <par...@cyberbroadband.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:46:46 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ownership of wire / fiber in a building

IF anyone has any paperwork they can share for accomplishing exclusive access
in a building, i'd love to see it.
thanks ;)

ps - what prevents a tenant from ordering service from a telco themselves not
realizing such an agreement is in place?

A telco can cry foul and play the fact that telephones are an essential
service. Even if they can’t legally do anything, they can pressure the building
owner enough where it becomes an issue. I have seen tenants want to order
landline phones in buildings where a WISP had exclusive rights. The tenant is
going to be favored by the building owner almost every time.

My advice get exclusive access to any pathways for cable in regards to your
services with the ability to sublet. If you can get it, get an exclusive
franchise for providing data services.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric