I feel like Siklu let you down in some horrible way Eric.

Siklu has their link budget info right on their datasheets.  Need the extra TX
power, go with one of the newer radios.

700 – 5dBm

1200 – 7dBm

2200 – 11dBm

2500 – 18.5dBm

5500 – 16dBm (what’s this ;-)

http://lbc.siklu.com/

Back when they only had the 1200 which has that +7dBm TX power is certainly
limited the radio, and many people mis-deployed it under guidelines they would
use for BridgeWave.  But that is simply poor engineering.

But also to put into context – lowest average rain rate in North America is
typically 25 mm/hr for 99.99% operation.  That is 10dB of fade at 1km at 99.99%
availability.  So your argument is true – that is 1km of distance your leaving
on the table.  See the chart below I made many moons ago.

Every 60GHz/80GHz (regardless of vendor) I have engineered performs to spec.
Engineer, engineer, engineer.

Daniel White

Managing Director – Hardware Distribution Sales

ConVergence Technologies

Cell: +1 (303) 746-3590