I can confirm this from my sister. After hearing about what she has gone through all her professional life, I am amazed that babies aren't being born out in the wood shed for lack of doctors. There is no way I would sign up for what she has dealt with. So when you hear about how other countries afford how to do medical without raising taxes think about this amount of $$ multiplied by every OB/GYN in the country and that number is astounding. 2000 doctors x that is 2 Billion dollars. per year. And gas passers are in the same range. Yeah there is a lot of companies that exist because of the way we decide to insure our medical system.