Ignorance is what you have to fight against though.  I know folks who have bad
BGP setups and it works for them. When their bad configuration becomes my issue
and either loses me revenue or causes my support costs to go it becomes a
priority. For example, I can’t get to my cloud hosted accounting, but more
importantly a couple of clients who need to pay can’t either.   If you are
participating in BGP you should either have someone to call or you should know
it yourself.  If your own house is a mess thats fine, but if your  misconfigure
car gets on the road and crashes into a telephone pole it’s not just your
problem.  Therein lies the issue.  BGP is a very fragile ecosystem when it
comes down to it.  So is DNS.  The problem is these are like water and oxygen
to the Internet.  They must exist.

If anyone out there has a BGP setup they have questions about i would gladly do
a 15 minute session with them for free and tell them whats being done right and
what’s being done wrong.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric