On Sat, Oct 29, 2016, 5:48 PM <fiber...@mail.com> wrote:

> Lewis Bergman Wrote:
> > First, a subsidized rate below market is still cost.
>   Who said anything about below market rates? Municipal bond rates are set
> by the market.

Chuck mentioned 1% rates for RUS. Definitely below market. If some city
wants to con their citizens into floating a bond for some foolish thing and
they vote for it then great. Local things at a local level are acceptable.

> > I have seen the size of Comcast. And concatenation uses its own money
> not mine.
>   I beg to differ. It's not like Comcast hasn't been at the public purse.
> I recall them getting $40M for a skyscraper not too long ago.

Are you saying that Comcast got tax money to build a building? That's seems
to make my keep the government out  bent.

> AT&T evidently couldn't make money even with utopia paying for most of it.
>   I am not privy to AT&T's financials with regards to that. Are you?

Site I am. And so you could be as well as they are a public company.  I'd
you ate asking about their fibancials in this specific case of course not,
but you knew that. I believe it is reasonable if their margin was
acceptable they would have continued. I haven't heard you spilled any facts
relating to your claims that am this wonderfulness coat nothing but I
didn't see the 50 yeasts of proof.

> > But Utopia lives on and AT&T is gone. So even though anecdotal it proves
> my point.
>   And what point would that be?

That even a small tax funded entity can take huge losses and survive when
no other entity without such lack of accountability to reasonableness
would. It is likely that most wouldn't even want to continue. But nice
move. No counterpoint? Just make some blank stare arguement worth two
words. Really getting your point across.

> > In smaller towns you won't find AT&T nor Comcast fighting to get in
> there.
>   In Chattanooga Comcast is. Not going too well for them from what I've
> heard. EPB has more subs than Comcast now.

176000 isn't New York city but it isn't small or tial by most standards,
even the FCC.