That could be part of it. I work from home with 3m/1m. It's not uncommon to have a kid watching cartoons on Netflix while I'm working.

The thing is, most of what I'm doing across the network is remote terminals and remote desktops. And I'm clever enough that when I need to transfer a large file to the office I'll use WinSCP and put a speed limit on the transfer so I can keep doing other things. Some people might start the big file transfer and then call IT because nothing else works now.

I'm aware that there are people using some Autodesk cloud storage/versioning thing that integrates with AutoCAD....they were told to /try /to get 10meg upload /if they can/ and I believe they might really use it.