The FCC says 10/1 is adequate...

From: Roger Timmerman
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2016 8:46 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] BW to work from home

Is this a re-run from 2005?  Are we really talking about 20M/5M or less still
being an option and being adequate?

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

  That could be part of it.  I work from home with 3m/1m.  It's not uncommon to
have a kid watching cartoons on Netflix while I'm working.

  The thing is, most of what I'm doing across the network is remote terminals
and remote desktops.  And I'm clever enough that when I need to transfer a
large file to the office I'll use WinSCP and put a speed limit on the transfer
so I can keep doing other things.  Some people might start the big file
transfer and then call IT because nothing else works now.

  I'm aware that there are people using some Autodesk cloud storage/versioning
thing that integrates with AutoCAD....they were told to try to get 10meg upload
if they can and I believe they might really use it.