The salt will increase the boiling temperature a bit. Not sure what the vinegar does. The boiling temperature will decrease at higher altitudes; so if you're above 3500' elevation or thereabouts, that may impact boiling temperature.

But it's true that you don't want eggs that are "too fresh". based on what I've heard, you want them to be aged a little bit.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 11/24/2016 9:08 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
I do peel under cold water. Seems some are totally stuck to the egg. Maybe I am not using enough vinegar in the water.
Many sites say to use both vinegar and salt in the water.
One site swears by dropping them into boiling water, then into an ice bath after for perfect peeling.
They claim the cold start makes for hard peeling.
This site claims boiling start, salt, vinegar and a perfect outcome. I may give it a try.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/213737/kens-perfect-hard-boiled-egg-and-i-mean-perfect/
*From:* Gino Villarini
*Sent:* Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:40 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Boiled eggs
What Ken and Forrest said.. The temp change helps..
From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> on behalf of "li...@packetflux.com" <li...@packetflux.com>
Date: Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 2:36 AM
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Buy eggs ahead of time and let them age before cooking helps a lot - fresher eggs tend to be more sticky, older eggs peel easier. Besides that I generally peel under running water which seems to resolve about 99% of the problems. Not sure which property of water helps in this case, but shells come right off.

*//*

*/Gino Villarini/*

President
Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968