I do this on a regular basis for easement work. There is a nice range/township/section overlay you can buy for GE so you can at least find the section corners. Most metes and bounds use a section corner or a quarter corner as the point of beginning. If a parcel is complex, I actually lay it out in solidworks, my 3D mechanical design program, that way I can just directly enter the angle directions and distances. And the parcel almost always closes. You could do that with any drafting program most likely.

Then I export that to an image and import the image into GE. Stretch and rotate to fit the visible landmarks and monuments.

There will always be an error in closing unless they wind up with a "more or less" to point of beginning. That takes all the slop out.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:49 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Converting vectors to a shape (.SHP) file?

The vectors describe a property line, and start at a fixed WGS84
coordinate. Then it's a series of distances and azimuths from there. I
tried drawing them with GE, but there is an accumulation of small
errors. There are about 10 vectors total.

Something like starting at point lat/lon, go 700 feet azimuth 8° 27'
42", then 200 feet azimuth 27° 15' 08", and so on.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>