Fun, fame, and profit.

Some of these YouTube streamers bring in over 150k a year in advertising
revenue. Most of these are young kids (preteen), some actually teenagers.

Twitch streamers can bring in several hundreds of thousands a year in
stream donations.

My oldest (17/m) doesn't watch traditional TV. He's unfamiliar, largely,
with commercials. Sports on TV? No way. He watches Hulu, Netflix, but
mainly YouTube/twitch.

There's a new eSports bar going up here in KC. I bet they end up with more
net profit in the first year than the local Buffalo Wild Wings. Mix of bar
w/ pub food, TVs streaming games/championships, and actual PCs/gaming
(half-hourly charges).