I think you are missing the point here...

You know that Bandwidth Cost is heading down-wards ....

and Dark Fiber Cost is being manipulated to go-upwards ...
by (acquisition, and taking excess inventory off the table).

Net result is a changing economics where only a few are actively working on
cornering the price of fiber connectivity.

If you want to see a good example of this playing out... take a look at what is
happening in the Caribbean Island connectivity.

The largest ISP's are the ones who are controlling the Undersea cable, thus
setting up the rules of the game, as they fold into each other, pitting them
against each other gets harder....

I am not presenting this as doom and gloom, just saying that if you are okay
with this, don't be crying that one day you wake up to find out that the only
choice you have is between bad and worse .... :)

-------------------
Where is this all leading to ?

Here is what we are seeing, I believe that both the Cable Co and the ILEC are
in a race to make alternate technologies obsolete, raising the game for
'Gigabit connectivity' (don't read this a 1g connection, anything over 300meg
would fall in this category).

ATT is quietly converting all of their ME buildings into a nice GPON based
offering.
Comcast is doing a nice overbuild...
Keep in mind both of them are monopolies, when it comes to serving territory..

So if this continues, the competitive offerings will get starved out, or be
severely marginalized by being limited in service area due to lack of viable
cost-effective backhaul.

You are going to see this in the Major Metro Areas first (starting in the next
couple of years, and building up to full steam pace in say 5 years).... and
then you will this spanning out to other areas.

Will you see this in your area ? I cannot say yes or no, but this is where
things seem to be headed.

=========

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

>>> http://www.forbes.com/sites/fredcampbell/2016/12/14/democratic-fcc-just-committed-trump-administration-to-no-bid-foreign-contract/#2d6d524b2471

>>> Good to see our boy leaving a legacy that reflects what his leadership has
>>> been
>>> all about. I wonder who got paid back for this contract.

>>> Rory