While the rest is true, I squeezed in under a little known ( or applied )
RCC ruling when the FCC ruled that Two Way radio providers that used their
licensed frequencies to sell airtime services to customers were RCCs. All
of that was technically exactly correct. Being so small we were exempt from
all the rate requirements of the ILEC's and only had to pay the associated
fees.

I wouldn't expect anyone outside that business to know that. It has allowed
me to collect termination (reciprocal) compensation from both Verizon and
SWB, now AT&T for a few decades now. Of course, as I know Chuck
understands, I had to go to court to get them to pay.

In short, if you knew the loophole, you could have gotten all those rights
for the low 5 digits without other laws. Practically speaking, I agree with
the point being made, just a fact note to Chuck's excellent history lesson.