Windstream and CenturyLink both got huge siphoning off the public teat.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Faisal Imtiaz" <fai...@snappytelecom.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 2:42:24 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] T-Tommy Wheeler staying corrupt to the very end

Are we being Legal Definition accurate ? or being colloquial ?

>The USF is not and was not and never will be a public subsidy.

??? it is a mandatory "Contribution" to the FCC's Slush Fund, on all providers,
who (the telco's) have the right to 'recover' it from it's customers, and the
beneficiary recipient of this Fund are the Telco's (ILEC's ? )

Considering the flow of money.... I would colloquially beg to differ :)
...I wonder where did Century Link found all the $$$ to go on a buying spree.

> What is more - public money - tax money - was never used to build the PSTN
> as is frequently erroneously cited.

> The Guvmnt dumped bazillions of dollars into AT&T (does it matter for what ?
> )

and Yes, these is a big game of chess / horseplay with lots of money changing
hands between Gov & ILEC's (a good number of them).

????

on a separate note.. have you seen the dividend payout by CL and Frontier ?
where do you think those $ are coming from ...

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street