From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Josh Reynolds
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:22 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cambium 450 can signal be too hot?

Explain the roof thing.

I've personally done hundreds of satellite and wisp installs on metal roofs. I
know wisps that ONLY install on metal roofs.

Use proper lags, proper multi-lag foot pads, a good impact driver, and a butyl
based sealant. Have decent insurance.

On Dec 20, 2016 2:44 PM, "Ken Hohhof" <af...@kwisp.com <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>
> wrote:

In this case it’s 3.65 and at the SM due to using a dish.

Long story behind this install, but it’s a grain elevator where we ran into
problems with the belt housing obstructing one of the 4 APs and we didn’t get
it in before harvest and then January came early and of course some guy calls
wanting an install that should be on the missing sector but only 13 degrees
beyond the 90 degree coverage for the neighboring sector.  So rather than put
him on the old 2.4 FSK we used a dish and 3.65 on the adjacent sector.  Oh, and
he neglected to mention he had put a metal roof on his ranch house so the
installer had to put the dish lower than I like.  No way we’re lagging through
a metal roof unless it’s on a crappy barn.

Bottom line is we’re only getting 4X and I’m trying to speculate what happens
when we get the missing sector up, if it will pop to 8X or still be poor.  It
doesn’t sound like too high signal level is the cause of the problem.  There
are several other possibilities, I guess we won’t know until we put up that 4th
AP which won’t be until nicer weather.