I'm way late to this... but that is an all indoor installation most likely.
They are using waveguide to the antenna (note the fixed losses on each side of
the link).

3dB loss per side is the equivalent of losing an antenna size.

I'd also assume this link was engineered to 99.9999% availability.  That isn't
uncommon in mission critical government/utility links.  Probably also using
Vigants-Barnett and Crane data vs. ITU.

Daniel White
Managing Director – Hardware Distribution Sales
ConVergence Technologies
Cell: +1 (303) 746-3590
dwh...@converge-tech.com

---