Butch has a practical class on IPV6 which included, years ago, a template for this. It isn't as challenging as you might think. We did it about 5 years ago.
If I remember right, we assigned a /48 to our server network, another /48 for our backbone, every tower got a /48, and every customer got a /64. All of that was based on the guidance initially provided by ARIN, or at least I think that's where it came from. Here is a chart that lists the number of ip in each that might help. http://www.potato-people.com/blog/2009/02/ipv6-subnet-size-reference-table/ Now going 100% v6 is another story. Not trouble free or easy. Never got that far. On Jan 15, 2017 1:09 AM, "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]> wrote: > I think we all need this. > > -----Original Message----- From: Mitch Koep Sent: Saturday, January 14, > 2017 9:58 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [AFMUG] Best Way to implement dual > stack IPv4/6 > Need some advise on implementing dual stack. > > Best practice or practical. > > Thanks > > Mitch Koep > > 219-851-8689 cell > >
