Yes, Customers should get /56s.  The accepted rule was customers should get
/48s, but in an ISP environment the “customer” is the POP.  Some other things.

-Don’t worry about host count.  It’s ipv6.  Throw the numbers out the window.
Think in terms of subnets and proper boundaries.  Count subnets, not addresses
-Do not assign customers from POP aggregates
-Use iBGP to carry customer ips
-Don’t aggregate until you get into ebgp
-assign a /64 for point to point links (aka the equivalent of /30s).  Again,
don’t think in terms of host count.  anything smaller than /64’s breaks things.
 Some providers out there assign smaller blocks, but it breaks things and isn’t
RFC. Using a /128 is a hot debate at the moment.  Some folks are willing to
live with the stuff that is broken. The whole /127 or /128 debate came up due
to security concerns mainly.
-Just like in IPV4 space. separate blocks for loopbacks and do /128s
-Static assignments for customer space is a losing battle.  v6 has many
mechanisms built in.

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

---
http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEO
xISP Solutions- Consulting – Data Centers - Bandwidth

http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/Chairman
Internet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric