So discarding the discussions which can possible be classified as  'pissing
contest' replies without any reasoning..

The difference in opinion is most of the IPV6 customer allocation size
discussion revolves around a particular view of the end-user site size and the
perceived potential network deployment that they may do..

Folks which are in the give them a larger prefix (smaller quantity of IP's) are
from the camp which says my customers are not doing anything sophisticated, and
I would like to monetize the allocation of smaller prefixes by being able to
get an upgrade charge.

Folks which are in the give them a smaller prefix (larger quantity of IP's) are
from the camp which says, there is plenty to go around, don't try to split
hairs .. just do the smaller prefix, this can be universal and provide enough
flexibility to cover all potential scenarios, which may exist in the near or
far future.

And yes without having an deeper understanding on how the protocol works, it is
very possible that such a discussion comes across as a pissing contest... (I am
not an expert, am still learning.. but above is how I have been able to
reconcile all the different discussions).

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155