You might want to review some of those recommendations...
They don't fall into best practices....and can be problematic.

There are many discussions and docs on this topic...A while ago I had a
discussion on this topic on Nanog list..

There was a 'key' item pointed out to me and I had to grasp that to gain a full
understanding on what size to assign.
... You have to think interns of subnet's and not qty of Addresses to assign
properly.

Here is an excellent presentation..
http://www.txv6tf.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Doyle-IPv6-Address-Design.pdf

http://meetings.ripe.net/ripe-49/presentations/ripe49-ipv6-guidelines.pdf

--------
explanation:-
There is no concept of NAT in IPv6, and IPv6 networks by design are 'stacked
routers'  vs a traditional flat LAN (as in ipv4 networks).
so it is important to provide the ability to break down the subnet that you
assign to your customers..

e.g.
    a /64  is / should be the smallest level of assignment (this of a LAN, or
any Link (PTP or PTMP).) i.e. one lan segment
    a /56  would allow for 256 Lan Segments... or a 8 level deep network
    a /48  would allow for 65536 Lan segments  or a 16 level deep network
     (I am going my memory on the network level depth, so I may be over
estimating.. :) )

There is a lot of wisdom behind assign a /48 to each customer.. .and there is a
lot of discussion on doing something a bit smaller for smaller customers e.g. a
/56.

Think of it this way... IPv6 is how IoT communicates.. and each device
connecting to the 'home network' can act as a router, thus a layers..
e.g. Smart Cars, will have a router, to connect to devices in the car, and it
will connect to the home network as a sub layer network... etc...

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street