I Agree its a silly question for a new service installation. We do
occasionally schedule service calls without a customer being home if we are
fairly certian it is an outside issue (antenna realign or swap radio etc).

What bothers me is the customers who schedule something where we tell them
they need to be home, and tech shows up and there's an 11 and 13 year old
kid there alone. Our policy is always need to have someone 18+ and for a
new install, the person ordering service has to be there.