I am working on this for a campus that takes care of abandon and abused
children. They have house parents who are looking to foster or adopt in
these house cottages.
We have Epmp for outdoor infrastructure and Mikrotik for all Indoor
currently. Capsman is great for this.
We are setting up radius with a portal to allow the parents to disable
service on a schedule or manually if needed. So far a great challenge
but I am about to pull what hair I have left out trying to figure out
these certs and getting the server to pass authentication to Capsman.
On 01/26/2017 05:31 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
I think the point is that anything that gets changed on a daily basis,
the customer will have to do themselves. We’re not going to be the
homework police for $5/month. (Also, any 14 year old knows how to
spoof a MAC address.)
*From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Sean Heskett
*Sent:* Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:26 PM
*To:* [email protected]
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] managed router craziness
Calix can do that and they have an app for your phone so you can
change those settings on the fly even if you're away from home.
-Sean
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 4:09 PM Ken Hohhof <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Customer called wanting to be able to call us each day and have us
disable Internet to each kid’s computer until they did their
homework, then call as each one finished their homework and have
us turn it back on.
Seriously?
What happened to sticking your head in the room and yelling “get
off the damn Internet and do your homework”? Are parents too lazy
now to get up off the sofa and check on the kids? When I was a
kid, a parent could yell from 50 paces and make you soil your
underwear.
--